Who We Are
What We Collect
This website does collect information from our visitors and stores it to an online database. Information that is considered sensitive and personally identifiable information (PII) is encrypted in this database. Encryption can be broken, however we take every measure to ensure this information can only be accessed and decrypted in ways that does not expose your PII. This website self-certifies as being PCI compliant. Access to this database is restricted by applications that require authentication and the facility your data is located is access controlled by employee key-cards. The hosting provider, Goldsboro Networks, runs weekly audits on this website to ensure there are no data breeches or compromises of privacy. In the event a comprise is found, Goldsboro Networks is required to notify the owners of this website within 24 hours. After receipt of notification of a data breech, we will notify affected users of this website within 3 business days.
- When you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- We collect anonymous data to include your IP address to learn how you and others are using our website to help improve your experience on our website.
- The information we collect for analytics helps us to understand how long you stay on a web page. This can also alert us to problems such as a 404 error page that was not intended.
Do We Share Your Data?
We do not share, sell, or give access to any Personally Identifiable Information to any third party. Except in cases to provide services on our website or to improve experience where specifically stated, we do not share ANY data with third parties.
How Long We Retain Your Data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Rights and Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data Breech Proceedures
In the event of a data breech, the hosting provider for this website will notify our company within 24 hours. Once our company is in receipt of this disclosure, we may take up to 2 business days to determine the affected users and will contact them by email and notify them how the breech occurred, when the breech occurred, and what information was accessed during this breech.